Thanks @MadeUpTheatre ... MUT's Playground - improv jam - is the stay-on-the-East-Bay-side kind of evening that I needed - that and a good dose of Facebook Blind Lines with this nifty group of peeps. The daytime wasn't too shabby either. Art, food, improv.Day 4
On days 1, 2, and 3 of my first week unemployed, one of my former clients from my way-back business was texting me to check-in on how my official first week of unemployment was going. Each day, I had a fun stuff to report. He didn't text me yesterday. So here's my little report.Collage 2014
Short version - Given a children's book of your choice, engage in an artistic expression that you share with one another, e.g., collage, poetry, etc. With 12 of us participating (where we rotate/share books) throughout the United States, each month, we are given a theme that inspires our one-of-a-kind creation.
(I will write more about this year-round project.)
(Thanks, Jen, for your patience. Thanks, Theresa, for your patience and nudging.)
In theory - here is how Collage 2014 works ... In January, we started out with our own book - creating a collage of sorts (or whatever artistic expression we chose). We then mailed it to the next person on a prescribed list - and around the same time, we received a book from someone else. Given another theme for February, we once again created another one-of-a-kind artwork. Lather - Rinse - Repeat.
![]() | |
| Collage 2014 from my starter book, my initial offering to "The Smash! Smash! Truck" |
Yes, I got a LATE(!) start getting my book over to the next person The quitting of the job kind of started to cramp my keeping things on track. Anyway, next thing you know, I had three books. Well, yesterday was the day I mailed out all three books. Now I get to wait for my next book!
And after mailing the books out, I dropped by my fave Niles Pie Company (on Facebook, on yelp, on web).
Food, Friends, Fun, and Fluevog
Just as I mentioned Wednesday about STILL heading into SF, Thursday was no different. Bridge toll, there I went. Having lunch with friends was a great highlight. Dishing about shoes was a bonus.
![]() |
| At Piccino in Dogpatch with Denny and Marisol |
What else but improv
And so we come full circle. Improv class on Wednesday night in SF ... improv jam on Thursday night in the East Bay/Fremont. Circle up improvisers!
What do you
enjoy repeating
throughout the week?






Nice way to spend y first week! You go girl!
ReplyDelete