Sunday, February 13, 2011

h|month-terview (feb '11): with pho queen ...

get-to-know #healthmonth ... team CDWL@edi team member pho queen. we learned quite a bit about pho queen in january. this interview is based on h|month-terview questions over here.

(SIDE NOTE: this our our team's add-on-fun, inspired by healthmonth and is NOT formally part of the on-line healthmonth experience. but hey! spurring on creativity is a good thing, too!)

other team member's h|month-terview: specgirl
my name: Pho Queen
  • childhood ambition: To become a doctor and attain the largest Hello Kitty sticker collection in the world. Neither one happened.
  • fondest memory: Shopping at Pic-N-Save with my mama (i.e., before my brother existed) where she would buy me all kinds of toys and trinkets. I had a collection of PVC Smurfs, Snorks, and Monchichis figures. I think my dad threw them away after I grew a little older, and I haven't forgiven him since.
  • soundtrack: Clueless and Moulin Rouge.
  • retreat: a beach, preferably in tropical waters.
  • wildest dream: I'm wearing a wedding gown and I know that I'm marrying my ex but I can't find a garter that I like and it upsets me so much that I have to settle for a lacy headband which fits around my thigh. I was really upset about that garter. In the end, I wasn't at the altar. If you know me, I'm averse to the "M" word.
  • proudest moment: Graduating from college, then from grad school. I'm the only one in my family with a graduate degree and it was a lot of pressure!
  • biggest challenge: Procrastination and fighting the urge to eat a juicy medium rare steak everyday.
  • alarm clock: I tend to wake up on my own a little before 6 am, though my iphone's alarm is the real enforcer.
  • perfect day: Waking up to the sound of waves crashing in a little beach town somewhere in Thailand or Vietnam, then exploring the nooks and crannies, and eating fresh and local food (without getting sick or a stomach bug). A la Anthony Bourdain, without his twisted sarcasm.
  • first job: My dad hired me as his chauffeur before I even had a learner's permit. I had to drive him all over LA for his job, and he had projects everywhere. One minute we would be at Marina del Rey, the next minute we would need to be in the valley. It was scary.
  • indulgence: dark chocolate and steak.
  • last purchase: $26.23 worth of groceries at Trader Joe's. I cooked salmon and mushrooms for dinner. Yum!
  • favorite movie: Clueless and Moulin Rouge.
  • inspiration: my mama.
my life: is either a daring adventure or it is nothing (Helen Keller quote).
my card: Capital One's Venture card, you know the commercials with the funny vikings? I haven't used my points yet for a reward so I'm not sure if I like the card...yet.

until the next
team CDWL@edi h|month-terview ...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...