yes, it's an
fifty ... yes, this year (and in fact, this month) i am turning 50 years old.
- i have been to my 30th high school reunion.
- i am at the AARP target market age.
- i am generally good-to-go with 80s trivia (and maybe even some 70s trivia given the 13" television set my brother and i adored and the teenage magazines i LOVED!).
- i saw madonna's the virgin tour when i was in college, for which i also experienced the beastie boys for the first time.
- and while i am at it, i stared up at andy bell's (of erasure) red-costumey-leather-jockstrap-thing from the floor of san francisco's I-Beam when concerts were under $15. (fun time during them I-Beam nights!)
- my genes (and moisturizer) keep me looking youthful.
- i definitely have to stretch more than before, and whether it really helps, i take a multivitamin religiously.
- i had to REALLY think about whether it was a good idea to hook-up for a two-night stand with a younger guy - because making bad dating decisions is a timeless, ageless thing - aka 1503 ... remember this, piragua?
|july 8, 2010|
- i read (and have read) dr. christiane northup's women health writings since i was told my eggs would start "rotting" (aka being less viable).
- i appreciate (for the most part) when other people SQUEE when they learn i'm turning 50.
- i thank bouncers and age-checkers for not carding me.
- and finally, i know how to spell
back to the dating thing ... last year pho queen (who is approaching mid-30s in a few years) had silver-lining advice for dating older and dating younger men.
this year, pho queen and i still talk about dating, sex and the city episodes, old school ways of meeting guys, and scary-shitty on-line dating. (yes, this means she and i are single.) now piragua (a mutual friend, also single, also in her 30s) has posed the question -
"have you signed up for our time?"
i'm turning 50.