Saturday, December 18, 2010

#reverb10: try

(what day 17 (lesson learned) was all about)

day 18 prompt ... What do you want to try next year? Is there something you wanted to try in 2010? What happened when you did / didn't go for it?
(Author: Kaileen Elise)

(my commitment to myself for stream-of-conscious writing ... excited to see what pops up as i type!)

three things to try ... what immediately came to mind are three things - more focused writing (and reading) about workplace stuff, healthier lifestyle to stop paying pharmaceuticals for my bad eating and inactivity habits, and blogging (as opposed to my life-journal-blog ... picking a topic).

whittled down to one thing ... crossfit with joanne. of the three listed above, i am going to keep chipping away at all of them, however, the one that stands out the most - to have a healthier lifestyle where i stop paying pharmaceuticals for my bad eating and inactivity habits. as for writing about the workplace and blogging, reverb10 has been my way of becoming used to writing ... and then we'll see where my thoughts and finger-willies take me into 2011.

- is there something you wanted to try in 2010? 2011 will include crossfit with my friend joanne (aka j-ro), who has a blog, the chronicles of a fierce female fathlete. her birthday challenge posts of 30 days to 35 tell it all and includes context and day's fun around her WOD (workout of the day). she has been doing crossfit at one world for quite some time. and for this year's birthday post, she shared her health results. she is committed and totally rocks - go joanne!

- what happened when you did / didn't go for it? well, i have not yet taken up joanne on trying it out. as i read her posts, i can see that i'm missing out on some fun. i also may be missing some health benefits.

patchwork/piece meal deal ... for better health throughout 2010, i have dabbled with (strap in for the list o' stuff) - a food journal, tracked calories, made pseudo-agreements with myself about exercise where i (at times) actually exercised regularly, stayed with my chiropractor, yoga at home, signed up for the american heart association's betterU go red for women, relearned combinations i learned 3 years ago when i took cardio-kickboxing at a local mma studio (which i absolutely loved!), read cookbooks and actually cooked healthier meals, lived vicariously through others' tales and tribulations, continued meditating, (re)initiated (more times than once) my reiki, have cute exercise walking and tennis shoes, and ... the list kind of goes on.

packaging-up a healthy lifestyle ... one thing that i have recently started, which i am totally hooked is healthmonth. so as part of coming up with my rules for healthmonth, i'll check in with my doc, make sure my right elbow has healed, and head over with joanne to crossfit in 2011. (note to self: there are right and wrong ways to punch - even if one's pink boxing gloves are cute.)

(thanks for letting me share your time!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...