Thursday, December 30, 2010

#reverb10: gift

(what day 29 (defining moment) was all about)

day 30 prompt ... This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What's the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?
(Author: Holly Root)

(my commitment to myself for stream-of-conscious writing ... excited to see what pops up as i type!)

glee gum ... yup - over here. all natural chewing gum. originally, i had no idea who had left a little pack of this gum at my cube. there was no note - nothing telling. days later, piragua asked me if i saw and tried the glee gum. (smile)

- the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year? this likely has been made memorable because of the little mystery-gift-giver circumstance. however, it is also the thought and cutesie-ness of it all.

i LOVE the t.v. show glee. and i am pretty sure piragua could do without it. she gave this to me because of the word "GLEE". the gum - secondary.

how sweet is that? well, in this case, it is naturally sweet. (snortle.)

(thank you for letting me share.)


5 comments:

  1. I've not yet had a chance to see the show "Glee." But I have an advance idea that I would be an instant fan. I am one of those painful optimists. I loved "Enchanted" the sappy happy musical out a couple years ago.

    What I love most about this gift is that you say this gift giver is not a "Glee" fan. I find it particularly touching when someone gives a gift that is out of their zone. It means they really, truly saw YOU.

    Happy chewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple, yet it provided such happiness. It's the small, thoughtful things that matter the most. :)

    PS- Thank you for your kind words today. I am glad I hit *publish* too. A load off and moving forward!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oops. My comment lost. Let's. Try again.
    rebecca- thanks much. Will share w/my friend, who will love your comment.
    shannon- you are a dear! And I must say again, loved your honesty and glad you published!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Golly gee, you got a gift of Glee! Yippee!
    Please enjoy this coupon to buy one pack, get one free!
    http://bit.ly/dgMREj
    -The Glee Guy, humble mascot of Glee Gum
    www.gleegum.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. glee guy ... thanks for dropping by and for the coupon link!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...