Sunday, December 26, 2010

#reverb10: soul food

(what day 25 (photo) was all about)

day 26 prompt ... What did you eat this year that you will never forget? What went into your mouth & touched your soul?

(my commitment to myself for stream-of-conscious writing ... excited to see what pops up as i type!)

baked egg en cazuela ... period.
(keeping it short & sweet)

- what went into your mouth & touched your soul? ... (hold on. i have to wipe the drool off my keyboard.)

back story ... my first time touching myself in a restaurant experiencing this dish was at nibblers - unbelievably flavorful. velvety texture. i literally would have licked the little clay dish clean, although two things prevented me from doing so - 1) moaning loudly in ecstasy and 2) etiquette.

it was nibblers's mushroom and truffles theme month. when i told one of the nibblers's owners about how much i loved the dish, each of them were very excited to talk about the ingredients, preparation, and best way to experience the dish. my guess (partial recollection) is the mushroom ingredient was candy cap mushrooms (note to self: ask next time i visit.) and as always - LOTS of LOVING from the chefs.

i am certain that when all sorts of lovin' goes into a tasty dish, a soulful moment is one of the hidden ingredients.

nibblers feed me yes
oh baked egg en cazuela
get in my tummy

(thanks for letting me share.)

1 comment:

  1. hahaha! Fantastic post. I LOVE IT. Food=ecstasy! I had visions of that scene from "When Harry Met Sally" - perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...