Wednesday, December 1, 2010

#reverb10: one word

reconnect ... this is my word for 2010. throughout the year, i have found myself continuing to reconnect - with friends, family, and places. i also have found great strength in reconnecting with many activities and experiences that i enjoy and even those that i do not always enjoy - it is part of life's lessons, i believe.

however, i would say that 2010 is most certainly marked by my reconnecting with what i have affectionately called my "crazy papers" that led me to my 1994 epiphany - my mission | vision | value statements.








reconnect ...

in 2010, i rediscovered my feeling of excitement from this louis pasteur quote -
"in the field of observation, chance only favors the prepared mind"
i had this quote posted on my office wall in 1994 because of the many(!) people independently sharing this quote within the span of three days. 2010 has reawakened my spirit, and again, this quote was shared with me throughout the year. just this late october, i found myself proudly expressing my sentiments as part of an opportunity where i work. i realized after i wrote my cover memo, it was not about applying for a position, it was about reconnecting with my heartfelt passion.

enthusiasm ... that is the word i envision for my 2011. perhaps it is serendipity, i have chosen this word that is part of a r.w. emerson quote shared by my college friend, alison, with whom i spent this evening chatting it up.
"enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. when you do a thing, do it with all your mind. put your whole soul to it. stamp it with your own personality. be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm."
2010 reconnect . . . enthusiasm 2011

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post. I hope 2011 brings you much to be enthusiastic about.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...