Tuesday, December 28, 2010

#reverb10: achieve


day 28 prompt ... What’s the thing you most want to achieve next year? How do you imagine you’ll feel when you get it? Free? Happy? Complete? Blissful? Write that feeling down. Then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today.
(Author: Tara Mohr)

(my commitment to myself for stream-of-conscious writing ... excited to see what pops up as i type!)

recasting the prompt a bit ... when i read this - all i could think of is a feeling i wanted and then go backwards from there about what could lead me to that feeling, rather than what i want to achieve and figure out the feeling. so i am going to stick with that concept.

speechless
... and the feelings with it. for several very, VERY palpable seconds, i would like to feel speechless (and for those that know me, yes ... i said speechless) ... absolutely, 100 percent, unimaginably, take-my-break-away speechless.

i have had jaw-dropping moments, been stunned by witnessing unbelievable feats, been shocked by human tragedy, and laughed until my tummy hurt and happy eye water rained liberally while spittle spewed in the faces of others. those truly speechless moment and feelings that come along with such moments seem to be this odd, quirky space in time - silence with so many mixed emotions clamoring in my head ... i want that speechless feeling.

- then, brainstorm 10 things you can do, or 10 new thoughts you can think, in order to experience that feeling today. here goes 10 off-the-cuff things that i imagine would likely result in a speechless moment - and many are very out there beyond a "today" thing and for the fun and imagination of things in life (in no special order) ...
  1. talk show/fake news guest ... be asked to serve as a guest of shows like craig ferguson, conan o'brien, david letterman, chelsea handler, graham norton, ellen degeneres, or stephen colbert, jon stewart, ... (because they are fun! guess i gotta figure out a gig/shtick to get me on a show ...)
  2. promote my passions... be sponsored (by a philanthropist) to promote (for a living) those things near and dear to me - environment, tolerance, authenticity - through writing and talking (because it would be an awesome, seamless work-life thing. guess i gotta figure out where them philanthropists are ...)
  3. engagement ... have an engagement proposal for which i'd say yes (because i'd have fallen in love with a wonderful man. guess i better start meeting men again ...)
  4. white house ... have my little epiphany (see no. 14 on this list) read by president obama at some white house dinner invite that i attend (because i've never been invited to the white house. guess i better figure out how to get my epiphany past the gatekeepers and keymasters of the white house ...)
  5. old friend ... run into a long-lost-forgotten friend at some random place where we both actually remember each other immediately after hearing each other's voice (because that random stuff is what speechless moments are definitely made of. guess i better keep being out and about in life ...)
  6. angel(s) ... hear an angel(s) speak to me (because i'm not quite that woo-woo. guess i better figure out how to keep that open mind ...?)
  7. billboard at toll plaza of that college thing ... (writing this made me speechless) driving in to work and seeing "that" pic from college (because i was a nutty college chick. guess i better figure out what i'm willing to pay to get that polaroid(s) back ...)
  8. dr. who ... get a phone call (yes, phone call) that a couple of friends and me can have a little role in a dr. who episode where we get to hang out in the tardis for a little while (because THAT would rock! guess i better make it known to the right people that can make it happen that my friends and me want to be on the show ...)
  9. reality tv show judge ... be asked to serve as a guest judge (or part of a pool of judges) on any of my fave reality tv shows like top chef, project runway, etc. (because i want to know what REALLY goes in to judging cheftestants and designtestants. see #7 - gotta find the right peeps ...)
  10. vermont leaf-peeping adventure ... re-experience the amazing turning of the leaves and their fiery colors (because i was absolutely speechless in 2007, my first experience, and wanna see my soul sistah, jen, and her family again. guess i better carve out my trip out to vermont ...)
bring on that speechless feeling!

(thank you for letting me share.)

confession ... i actually wrote this response on wednesday, 11/29.
playing wait-for-car-at-dealer because yesterday's hydroplaning,
blinky-lights, and bonky-noises is not flattering for my car (or safe for me).
(thank you for accepting my re-dating of this post.)

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Love that you set your sight so high! I want to borrow some of those- EXCEPT the college photos. No thanks!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. shannon - thanks! know anyone within 1-2 degrees of separation in the entertainment business? at the white house? with extra frequent flyer miles to spare? available single guys? (haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gonna happen! Maybe not immediately or exactly how you planned... but it will all happen.

    ...(I'm channeling this from an angel)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...