Sunday, December 19, 2010

#reverb10: healing

(what day 18 (try) was all about)

day 19 prompt ... What healed you this year? Was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? How would you like to be healed in 2011?
(Author: Leonie Allan)

(my commitment to myself for stream-of-conscious writing ... excited to see what pops up as i type!)

eh?! ... when i saw this, it thought about the physical stuff (my right ankle, my left elbow, my percy bump), then the spiritual/emotional stuff, then the friends' shoulders and ears, then ... eh?!

involvement ... my becoming more involved - with others, with activities, with life, with philosophies - has healed/is healing me.

- was it sudden, or a drip-by-drip evolution? i've already written via reverb10 posts about several events/activities so i'll recap them AND include others ... a combination of flash-flood and drip-by-drip ... (and thanks to michael mcgee's reverb10 post for inspiration of how to respond to today's prompt).
  • whirlwind week includes healing - i LOVE that i'm (re)experiencing whirlwind weeks, where the brownian motion of life is just totally intense, fun, and memorable. last week, i captured many healing activities which i'm engaged -
    • reverb10 - began in december, healing the writing bug in me by letting it flit around! (and fills my introspection, while also meeting others. lovin' the sharing!)
    • healthmonth - began in december, healing my body and mind. lovin' the supportive friends and other healthmonth members.
    • 750words - began in december, healing the writing bug in me by letting it flit around with reverb10. (lovin' that i can revive an old habit i had back in the late '90s. oh - and i'm a buster fan - thanks for healthmonth AND 750words!)
    • clean your closet, change your life - began in october, healing my approach to goal-setting. i've known kit - and her system - since the mid-90s. now i get to support her efforts for her book and participate in biweekly teleconference calls! (also here on reverb10 day 7: community)
    • coaching - began in november and cubeopolis offers it. go figure. a great umbrella/catch-all for healing my approach to achieving my heart's desire. a great way that i'm able to package up the swirling stuff in my head.
    • downtime with my mom - began in late september, continuing to keep my connection with my mom, whom i love! go figure, she has similar tastes when it comes to humor.
  • adolfo via reverb10 day 3 (moment) - happened as a flash-flood in may, healing my faith in being authentic and being mindful of it.
  • october 25 via reverb10 day 10 (wisdom) - happened as a flash-flood in october, healing my connection with my passion.
  • fiber breaks via blog posts i do - a weekly practice (at least) of having fun finding moments to laugh, be nostalgic, and ponder (light-heartedly, for the most part) - i post silly things, and it keeps me and others in check for being fun adults!
  • chiropractor - a weekly-ish practice, healing for my body (ankle, elbow, ...) and soul. not only do i get adjustments, i also have great conversations with him about life, love, personal happiness, and service.
- how would you like to be healed in 2011? simply, i'm going to keep-on with rolling over my 2010 activities and blending into 2011. and of course ... reverb10 day 1 (one word) ... a r.w. emerson quote -
"enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. when you do a thing, do it with all your mind. put your whole soul to it. stamp it with your own personality. be active, be energetic, be enthusiastic and faithful, and you will accomplish your object. nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.

(thanks for letting me share your time!)

3 comments:

  1. May your 2011 be filled with all good things to you, healing, life, and love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much, karen! and likewise for you. (by the way ... your writing is soooo unique, intense, and lovely!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I smiled and nodded throughout your post and then I kicked myself. How did I not translate that you are in the Bay area?! I may be making my way to Oakland, at least for an afternoon, the week after Christmas. We are practically neighbors, only five hours (and about five decades, being Bakersfield is about five decades away in thought from the bay) apart.

    I adore Emerson. Visited his house this Summer. Took photos of Emma in the doorway.

    So grateful to know you via Reverb10.

    Reverb Day 19.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...