Friday, December 24, 2010

#reverb10: everything's o.k.

(what day 23 (new name) was all about)

day 24 prompt ... What was the best moment that could serve as proof that everything is going to be alright? And how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead?
(Author: Kate Inglis)

AND a bonus with the prompt - Future tool: Gwen BellHow to Create Your Personal Manifesto. For the next 8 days as you round out your year, we’ll share one tool each day to help you plan your year ahead.

(my commitment to myself for stream-of-conscious writing ... excited to see what pops up as i type!)

several big and small moments came to mind ... which to choose? what came to mind were many life-events that have shaped me and others around me - directly or indirectly - moments prior to 2010, friends overcoming personal issues, current events (political, social) unfolding, and little memorable quotables - quips from friends and strangers whether intended to be words of wisdom or snarky commentaries.

emailing a stranger whom i saw in a video reminds me of connectedness ... i don't know if i would call this "... the best moment ...", but it is certainly a moment that has reminded me that when i say i should, need, or want do something, it is strides apart from whether i DO that something. and the outcome? always welcomed.

back story ... in february this year during black history month, i emailed a woman who was featured in a documentary. i was telling (and maybe more like emoting and raving to) my friends how moved i was and how i wanted to contact her. i obsessed; meanwhile, a friend said to me - "why bother?" and another said "whatever!" not deterred (although slightly saddened by some friends' remarks), here is the outcome of an email exchange between me and the woman.

- and how will you incorporate that discovery into the year ahead? ... two-fold - first - i look forward to continuing to be clear about what i will be DOING and DO IT. there is nothing wrong with shoulding, needing and wanting - for me, it's about being clear (to myself) about committing to those things in life that move me. and second - i am reminded of connectedness. as shared by the woman-who-moved-girlnutkin-to-tears ...
"Thanks again for having the courage to seek me out and email me. you are, actually, the first. I feel honored and privileged to know that my experience has created a universal connection between two "strangers" in theory, but not in heart.

Mahalo for taking the time to connect, ... "
p.s. needless to say, perhaps, i also am exploring how i can contribute to the issues of ignorance, etc.
(thanks for letting me share.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...