Tuesday, January 25, 2011

#love2011: week 4 on self-portrait

the love project ... this week's assignment - take a picture of someone you love - you!
Assignment #4: This week you're going to take a picture of someone you love: yourself! If you've been doing your assignments, you know you're absolutely gorgeous! Get out the camera, learn how to use that self-timer and show your beautiful smile to the world! Know that your smile makes the world a better place. Blog about it or post your picture to Flickr or some other photo site. Send me a link and I'll add it to Website Wednesday.
and as part of this assignment, yvette has shared on her site ...
my week 4 contribution ... i believe i am fortunate that my dad (and mom!) taught me the value of self-love. and for this week 4 assignment, i have chosen this self-portrait to share.

visiting dad ... if someone tapped me on the shoulder while i sat nearby my dad's grave site, this may be what that person sees. when i visit my dad and journal, i find myself writing about the day's activities, a little something since i last visited, and a few self-esteem boosts for pats on the back - the nice little "self-love" moments. and for me, i really love visiting my dad - sitting, meditating, occasional breezes, coffee or tea drinking, listening to birds, ... - it is such a nice, peaceful setting (even on rainy days). and he was a wonderful man.

side note - reverb10 intersection ... during reverb10, there was prompt of: "This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?" the moment that came to mind was an event last year at my dad's grave site, for which i responded with this post.

thanks to
the love project
for a great month of self-love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...