Wednesday, January 19, 2011

#love2011: week 3 on beauty

(about the love project - over here on the blog of the wonderful mastermind (yvette) of this project and my blurb over here.)

our week 3 theme is beauty, as part of this month's theme of self-love. the assignment is get a makeover. in my current auditing status (still playing catch-up on the past week's assignments), i decided that my activities for this week's makeover assignment will include -
  • uncluttering - a makeover of the once-cluttered (and now no longer cluttered) entrance to my bedroom. i should feel uncluttered and relaxed in my room.
  • haircut - a scheduled makeover of my frizz - a haircut (actually in the BA and not waiting until i visit my san diego favorite stylist) this week after a chiropractor appointment. all it took was yvette's blow-dry job post.
  • home decor - a makeover of my main hallway - continued steps to designing and creating my "hall of awesomeness" where i'll have a visual of my yhd2011 goals.
  • operation beautiful - a makeover of my surrounding and others' spirits by posting notes around places where i am out & about as part of operation beautiful (over here).
the love project's post from yesterday is a commercial clip from dove's campaign for real beauty, which also includes dove's movement for self-esteem. i'm including it here for convenience -


operation beautiful ... this reminded me of what i TOTALLY did a while back when i heard about operation beautiful. its goal includes (over here) -
"The goal of the Operation Beautiful website is to end negative self-talk or “Fat Talk.” If this little blog only does one productive thing, I hope it helps readers realize how truly toxic negative self-talk is — it hurts you emotionally, spiritually, and physically."
so today, i have decided that my love project week 3 theme of beauty will include resurrecting sprinkles of operation beautiful throughout today and adding to my week's assignment, my own self-initiated operation beautiful moment ...

thanks love project and operation beautiful!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thanks for all the love you are showing to the Love Project! You continue to be the MVP of all time!

    I'm sorry I didn't see this in time for my Website Wednesday post, but I will blog about it today.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...