Tuesday, February 7, 2012

podcast poking

thanks @HistPhilosophy @nerdist (and also pandora for comedy) for keeping me company during my east bay to downtown SF commute to and from cubeopolis.

back and forth ... in the morning, i wake up easily before 5:30 am, get some meditation in (a few times a week), get ready for cubeopolis, head to paddy's for hello and hot liquid of choice (time permitting) if i drive in (or head to the park n ride if i carpool), and cross a bridge. in the evening, i often leave later than normally, pack up my take-home-with-me-from-cubeopolis stuff, head to the spendy parking lot i parked my car (or the commuter bus terminal), and cross a bridge. and keeping me busy both ways, lately, i've been pinging and ponging between two podcasts, depending on my mood.

image from HoP web site over here
serious and cerebral, and yet entertaining ... it has been about peter adamson's history of philosophy (on web, twitter). the podcasts are ~ 15-20 minute mark - easily digestible. and as stated on adamson's site - 
"Peter Adamson, Professor of Ancient and Medieval Philosophy at King's College London, takes listeners through the history of Western philosophy, "without any gaps." Beginning with the earliest ancient thinkers, the series will look at the ideas and lives of the major philosophers (eventually covering in detail such giants as Plato, Aristotle, Avicenna, Aquinas, Descartes, and Kant) as well as the lesser-known figures of the tradition."
- yup! without any gaps. (gimme visual timeline soon)

from nerdist.com
funny and entertaining, and yet cerebral ... it has been about chris hardwick's the nerdist podcast (on web, twitter) and over here, also. the podcasts are ~ 60+ minutes, which makes for a great listen when i know i'll be in traffic - - in MAJOR traffic. and as described -
"I am Chris Hardwick. I am on TV a lot and have a blog at nerdist.com. This podcast is basically just me talking about stuff and things with my two nerdy friends Jonah Ray and Matt Mira, and usually someone more famous than all of us. Occasionally we swear because that is fun. I hope you like it, but if you don't I'm sure you will not hesitate to unfurl your rage in the 'reviews' section because that's how the Internet works."

talk at me, podcasts!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...