Wednesday, February 1, 2012

3 tiny habits: day 2

work bags near stool? CHECK!
thanks @bjfogg. day 1 (over here) was easypeasy. yesterday (tuesday), easypeashy-ish with a few thoughts (about each of the 3 tiny habits) swirling about.

my tiny habits status ... "bravo!" all the way around for me fulfilling my 3 tiny habits with the anchor afters -
  • after i sit down in my office chair, i will place my water glass next to my phone.
  • after i park my car at home, i will clean out one thing from my car. 
  • after i come home after working, i will place my work bag near my stool.
i done good for day 2 ... and i totally enjoyed getting a response from bj fogg for my checking in on how the day went.
 
swirling thoughts ... here is what i shared about each of my tiny habits as part of my email response of checking in at the end of the day -
sit in office chair / water glass - - - this habit is the SIMPLE version of eventually getting in the habit of drinking water regularly. not only am i placing my water glass next to my phone, i am filling it up with water and drinking. my friends know i've not been good about meeting even just 6 glasses a day; however, a few have noticed i'm drinking water! and i'm excited telling people about the 3 tiny habits and sharing information with them! i'm going to continue with this - and if there are added benefits like using a travel container for water, so be it!

park car / clean car - - - WOW! i was actually excited about parking my car because i knew that for 30-seconds, i'd clean out a part of my car. today, i was almost compelled to start doing more - the trunk, glove box - and then i remembered ... 30-seconds. i can't wait until tomorrow! (my trunk will love me!)

home / work bag - - - admittedly, knowing i am reporting to someone else (you), i feel extra motivated to do this for the "triple y"! i ALMOST dropped my bags off in another place in my home, and then i remembered and put them in the designated place. i kind of happily smirked - not only because i dropped the bags near my stool but also because i know that in the morning, i will not scurry around looking like a scavenger hunt for my work bags as i'm getting ready for my morning commute!

 
got anchor?
 get habit ...
celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...