Friday, March 16, 2012

sharing bigger tidbit ...

brownian motion? equilibrium
yesterday's share ... after yesterday's meditation, post-pondering and creating, exercising, locking myself out of my home, and other morning comedy, i also submitted a proposal to present something (at a september 2012 conference by applied improvisation network) - AND that something that i'd love to share would be related to my blog post content of still pondering: share what?!...   

lather, rinse, repeat ... granted, i have been in a bit of a lather, rinse, repeat mode of contemplating, compiling, and creating - and now with a "trigger" of a yesterday deadline to share a proposal, here are a few tidbits from my submittal (within the prescribed word count limits) -
  • still ruminating
    my bio ... 25+ workforce years in government, consulting, utility, and self-employment, my philosophy involves servant leadership, improv, behaviors, and possibility. educated engineer, also life’s workplace explorer and storyteller, catalyst, connector of randomness.
  • session description ... A TED Talk style session, my presentation would be around “HOW to BEHAVE in ONE-on-ONE interactions to be the CATALYSTS of
    from BJ Fogg's Beavior Model site
    POSSIBILITY through SERVANT LEADERSHIP and IMPROV.”  (Title would be shorter) I have never given this presentation and would love to do so. I would incorporate the teachings and learnings of Dov Seidman, BJ Fogg, T2 Performance Solutions, Robert Greenleaf, and the principles of mentoring and improv. I would present my background of how I have come to believe that this approach to “share____” (term still to be coined to represent the “shared equilibrium” of communications) can be readily part of one’s creating a more positive workplace experience. And I would give examples of the do’s and don’ts. 
  • from T2 Performance Solutions
  • communications related ... It is a one-on-one type of interaction that has a basic framework while using the characteristics of servant leadership and the "rules" of improv play.
  • transformation related ... The one-on-one approach I have is rooted in existing workplace basics, yet involves engaging in a shared and vested interest in another workplace person’s personal and professional development and values.
  • a few more thoughts ... Frankly, because I am still in gathering all my thoughts, I am not sure if what I have (will have) would be a 5-minute or 15-minute session. I do believe I can share my session in 5-minutes (with practice, maybe kind of like an "Ignite" format).  However, I also believe that I can create a 15-minute session (or up to 15-minutes).

be the change ... with the theme of the conference, we were asked "does your program related to be the change? if so, how?" here is my response via wordle.

CATALYSTS of POSSIBILITY


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...