Tuesday, April 3, 2012

(shhh) i kinda cheated ...

... on @fluevog (on web, google+facebook, youtube) with tod - tod's shoes (on web), that is. however, the my fluegasm is at 24 - yes, i have a new pair of boots, BUT more on that a little later.

my little indiscretion ... it happened in nevada. yes, i was in vegas in early march. i've waited nearly a month to confess this little indiscretion. indeed, this is my moment of -
"what happened in vegas ... isn't quite staying in vegas" 
with a personal day in vegas after a cubeopolis-related activity, i scored my s'mores mocha and a new pair of shoes. i spent a bit of time at the forum, which houses a bunch o' stores (major big time walk-a-thon!).


spring is in the air ... my excuse to shop at the forum? i "needed" another power cord for my laptop. right, a power cord ... and i HAD TO buy it THAT DAY- just like i HAD TO buy a pair of blue, patent leather mary janes because i don't ... uhm ... have a pair of ... uh ... shoes - i mean mary janes ... i mean blue shoes. i mean, it's the spring season. although it's not quite part of the spring 2012 colors via pantone, i'm sure i could sport some fun, blue nail polish.

thanks jeff ... meanwhile, today, i received a nice message from jeff, who graciously introduced me to my first pair of tod's -
"Just wanted to say 'hello'! I hope all is well with you, and that you are loving your new Mary Jane's that you purchased while visiting Vegas. I recall that you are a John Fluevog devotee, so I was hoping they measured up to your expectations. 
It has been a bit breezy here and chilly, but in no time it will be 100 degrees. Nothing that you will ever have to worry about living in the Bay area!!! 
Have a great week, I will be in touch."
and yes, i am enjoying my tod's ... thank you, jeff! 

adriana | nuni
now for my 24th FLUEGASM ... yes, back in january, the official count was 23. and if you are reading this and shaking your head left to right, then don't read on. just don't. this is my little moment to share what makes my feet happy and what puts a smile on my face. and i'm going to enjoy it without disapproval. i approve!

i purchased my 24th fluevog from the flue-daddies at the haight street fluevog storeand with the moral support and guidance from j-ro, who cheerfully selected a few boots and shoes for my feet, i'm loving my nuni boots described as -
"Featuring a men's swing toe last, eyelets and speedlaces, rubber soles, and 2" leather wrapped heels, The Nuni is both militaristic and feminine, making it a solid winter boot for ladies that will allow you to weather the elements effortlessly while still looking adorable. Combining the design elements of The Adrian Family with full grain Atlas leathers from The Radios that crease and patina, The Nuni boots will look great with age. Drawn as a Radio BBC boot meets a work site boot, The Nuni is named after our favourite deep sea diver with a "take no prisoners" attitude. A thankful person is a happy person."
i am a thankful person.
thank you to jeff at tod's 
and jim at fluevog -
my shoe godfathers!
(oh - and thanks to joanne, of course.)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...