Wednesday, January 1, 2014

my three words for 2014

shirlnutkin ponders
(from Archie McFee)
THANKS @chrisbrogan ... Now in my third year for three words - explained over here in Chris Brogan's post, my three words for 2014 are -
  • Shift
  • Fingertips
  • Practice
 

SHIFT

I shift into gear.

A carry-over from 2013, shift is about recognizing and creating those events and activities that bring meaningful change not only to my big story/vision but also to the big story/vision of those around me. (Added for 2014 is the element of providing the support and framework for others to shift.)

So far, for my endeavors, this includes my commitment to -

 

FINGERTIPS 

My fingertips are always active.

OH THE PLACES my fingertips have been and will go! There are many activities accomplished by fingertips - some I have engaged and others I've yet to discover. Keeping my fingertips active dovetails with my many areas of interest.

Deservedly so, fingertips, for me, includes/will include (... strap in) - writing, blogging, journaling, playing the ukulele, occasional refreshers at the piano, cartooning, improvising (and making more out of object work), wrangling hair products, less "story-duck-mouth" motions (... tip of the hat to my friend andy), more thumbs up, cooking, tapas eating, home decorating, sign language, collaging (... tip of the hat to my friend theresa), and ... those activities that contribute to shifts.

PRACTICE

I engage daily practices.

As an evolution of one of my 2013 three words - deliberate - practice is inspired by the following -
- and to a great extent, practice is/will be tied to those "shifts" and "fingertips" - the practice of serving as a peer-group leader will include the daily checking-in on the Google+ Community that is formed, the practice of learning more chords to learn more songs on the ukulele, the practice of tiny habits toward a more health lifestyle, etc.

MY THREE WORDS OF THE PAST YEARS

My three words for 2012 -
  • Believe
  • Foresight
  • Expression
My three words for 2013 -
  • Deliberate
  • Expressive
  • Shift
as Chris shared in 2013 -
"The three words are a shorthand representation of your bigger story. It’s kind of like how an icon isn’t the software program. It’s just a way for you to mentally access all the work you’re doing."


What three words - 
or maybe it's more words or less words
- reflect you?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...