Saturday, May 11, 2013

integration with @globalniche

co-existing in STEP 4 ... where the facets of shirlnutkin (shirlnutkin au naturel, once r|cat and now r|cat transformed, anthrocubeologist, auntie, etc.) hang out together, it is where GlobalNiche's SUM-it UP program step 4 badge for integration (paraphrased below) is born -
using my web platform to distribute (aka syndicate) - or slice & dice - my shirlnutkin-ness across the web + world to service my vision to serve others
SIDE NOTE: know and load up your devices, apps, and tools ... i have an android phone, an iPad, a laptop(s) and a desktop.  i am learning that with this integration step, i want to make sure apps, such as hootsuite, are readily accessible on my phone and iPad. where there are add-ons to chrome and mozilla, i press the button and get them on my menu/toolbar.

tidbits of badge-worthiness ... step 4 is about connecting my shirlnutkin-ness with the variety of available social media cultures. while i am certainly just starting out, here are my starting tidbits -
  • shirlnutkin blog ... my posts roll over to @eco_banshee, which is when i first started on twitter - whatever that meant
  • anthrocubeology blog (over here) ... my posts roll over to @anthrocubeology, which i started specific for my anthrocubeologist endeavors of exploring and researching workspace cultural shifts
  • for the love of vogs (over here) ... my posts roll over to our facebook page. while i have posted once a month, i intend to post at least twice a month given my reboot(!).
  • facebook ... somewhat consistently, when i blog, i will post the links on facebook, along with a little message of sorts.
  • google+ ...  got started on google+, more so, thanks to globalniche. not yet as consistent in distributing info onto google+ as i am with facbeook.
  • about.me ... while not quite integration and more step 2 of SUM-it UP, about.me is where i make my statements about my integrated self.
  • hootsuite ... having just started (again thanks to globalniche), i have a couple of social networks connected, allowing me to cross-post a blog post.
  • pinterest ... started shirlnutkin at the nudge of globalniche. i am just starting out and getting the hang of it, slowly but surely. including my blog post from back in the day when i was in san diego prepping to relocate to the bay area was a blast! since posting these, i will be adding good ol' hashtags, as well as continuing on with other blogs.
background on previous steps ...  as i have shared about GlobalNiche (on web, twitter, facebook, pinterest), in late february i signed up for SUM-it UP, a 6 week on-line study group. as mentioned in a previous post, @zibbyz is the fairy godmother who brought globalniche into my life! as part of learning more about globalniche, i checked out slideshare. co-founder with tara agacayak, anastasia ashman, shares more on slideshare.

weeks 1 and 2 included delving into vision & goals and platform. and that resulted in not only reconnecting with my early saturday morning 1994 epiphany but also a big puffy heart shout out from globalniche (blush).

week 3 - inventory - was a doozy! it is the step where i looked at "stuff" (and i gots me a shit load of lots of stuff) and the the cumulative impact of my stuff. here is what my inventory looked like back in late march. as i have continued on, i have more stuff - HOWEVER, now my stuff is being corralled into what have been my areas of interest. (more on that in a later post)

reconnecting with my "selves"
as i integrate 
myself with others
(on to steps 5 & 6)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...