Wednesday, January 2, 2013

f|break: eyebomb away

seen it, been there, done that - eyebombing.

my first encounter ... on the streets of san francisco, i spotted what i later learned was eyebombing (explained here).
(cute)
and after that day, i became much more aware of prime eyebomb real estate, spotting several victims (even outside of san francisco) over the course of a few weeks.

my turn ... shortly thereafter, let's just say that i live near a crafts store, and i quickly learned that one must remember to purchase the peel and stick version, which comes in several sizes (like the cute ones over here), so that you can keep them in your wallet.

not just for public space ... while eyebombing's goal of "humanizing the world one googly eye at a time" is awesome for public spaces, it's equally enjoyable for personal touches. this was evident after my greeting card effort for a friend and my boston terrier socks adornment. in fact, for new year's day, my squirrel socks were treated to eyebombing.

beyond bite-sized ... my stash of googly eyes fits nicely in my purse, wallet, lipstick holder, etc. however, this christmas, the family got me a pair of giant googly eyes (via archie mcphee) - a pair that i can't quite shove in my hip pocket. (woohoo!)
there's an app for that ...  yup, turns out, if i want to googly eye a picture, guess what? there's an app for that by anglesong creations llc over here for the android phone, as well as for iOS over here.
a little SF bay cruise
near the golden gate bridge
organic eyebombing for nature ... finally, for the gardener in you (or your gardener friend), enjoy a fiber break with christopher walken - the googly eyes gardener (over here) for ~ 3:45 min greenhouse gab.


cactuses are dangereous ... pricklers ... stab you ... don't turn your back on them
these are my ferns ... what if it did?
you see - i've made eye contact
winston churchill once said ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...